Whether it’s said in an opera, a love poem, or whispered as sweet nothings, many say “I love you” is best said in Italian. But, we have to disagree. Nothing says “I love you” quite like an Italian dessert. So, if you’re planning a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner for your significant other, say those three magical words with our quick and easy creamy panna cotta recipe.
This moulded chilled dessert might sound like a daunting task, but our pastry chef, Benja de Villiers, has simplified the process with step-by-step instructions.
Panna Cotta Recipe
- 17,5 g Gelatine Powder
- 375 ml Cream
- 375 ml Milk
- 1 cap Vanilla Essence
- 115 g Castor Sugar
- 200 g Dark Chocolate
- Sponge the gelatine in lukewarm water, with the ratio: 1:5
- Then, in a pot, boil the cream milk, vanilla and sugar together.
- Remove the cream mix from the heat, add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely melted and well combined.
- Leave the chocolate mixture to cool down for 20min, or until lukewarm.
- Whisk in the gelatine and stir for 5min to ensure all the gelatine is dissolved.
- Strain the mixture.
- Pour into Dariole moulds (small, cylindrical containers) and store in the fridge for at least an hour until they set correctly.
Be sure to check out which tasty treats we serve at Damhuis Restaurant on our dessert menu